I modified the Orthographic Password Creator . After agonizing for the past couple of days over how to make it generate better words, I made the following changes:
- Only 1 and 2 letter orthographies are being used. 3, 4, and 5 letter combinations were removed from the tables.
- All of the single letters are still used (as was before)
- I removed from the 2 letter vowels the first 6 entries (referring to the count tables). These entires have very low occurrences in the dictionary.
- I removed from the 2 letter consonants the first 24 entries.
- Adjusted the default number of passwords generated from 10 to 20. Seems that it can take a few attempts to make something memorable. 20 seems a good compromise that also works on lower resolution screens (phones).
These changes generate words that are easier to pronounce, memorize, and more often follow syllable rules. Also fewer weird spelling combinations. The complete list of single and paired letter combinations that are used to create the passwords are listed at the bottom of the Orthographic Password Creator page.
Some of the information I used to make these changes is in the following posts:
Post a comment here, or send me an email if you have any comments, suggestions, issues, and such.